Jesus begins the Sermon on the Mount by describing who the blessed are – and they are the last ones you would expect.
He is not instructing us to be poor in spirit etc – he is telling those who are that there is a bigger picture, and he is reminding all of us not to be seduced by what we usually think of as ‘the good life’.
Songs used in this service
- Lovingkindness (Matt Redman)
- Sing to the Lord (Pat Barrett)
- All I Once Held Dear (Robin Mark)
- God in my Living (Tim Hughes)
- Living for Your Glory (Tim Hughes)